AirGate Technology for Canals and Marinas
Weed Curtains for the Florida Keys
Wind and water currents drive floating weeds and debris into canals and marinas where they become trapped and decompose releasing nutrients and foul odors. The dead plant material causes dissolved oxygen levels to drop stressing fish and wildlife and decreasing water clarity. Once attractive marinas and canals become an eyesore, fisheries and recreational activities decline, hydrogen sulfide odors persist, bottom muck accumulates and real estate values drop.
Vertex AirGate Eco-Friendly Bubble Curtain Technology
Vertex AirGates are designed to provide a simple, effective, inexpensive and environmentally safe solution to wind and water current driven weeds, sea grasses and debris clogging up canals, marinas and docks. Using air supplied by a shore mounted air compressor, adjustable emitters along the channel bottom create a barrier of bubbles that push back weeds and debris preventing them from entering the protected area while allowing boats and wildlife to easily and safely pass through the bubble curtain.
- Bubble Curtain
- Marine HE33
Vertex AirGate bubble curtain at Treasure Harbor canal in Islamorada, FL
Recorded and narrated by local resident Terry Peters
Vertex AirGate Bubble Curtain Features & Benefits
- Commercial grade Brookwood compressors for extended service intervals
- Heavy gauge, powder coated aluminum compressor cabinets for marina environments
- Valve manifold provides easy shoreline adjustment of each bubble emitter
- Flexible EPDM membrane bubble emitters to minimize organic fouling
- No electrical components in the water for unrestricted recreational activities
- All submersed materials are comprised of durable plastics and/or stainless steel
- Weed choked areas recover water quality following AirGate installation
- Free custom design by Vertex for proper airflow and long term operation
- Easy, non-technical equipment installation and maintenance
- Uniform bubble pattern regardless of length, depth, slope or tides.
- Allows boats to pass while rejecting weeds and debris
- Safe for wildlife, fisheries and manatees
Block out weeds and debris and add life giving oxygen to your waterway to improve water quality
The new Vertex Marine 33HE™ high efficiency compressor system is ideal for both aerating coastal saltwater canals, harbors and marinas as well as powering Vertex AirGate™ bubble curtains to deflect floating weeds and light debris away from these sites. The Marine 33HE represents our most advanced technology yet in large single phase marine compressor systems.
Features & Benefits
- Higher Efficiency: Brookwood HighFlow™ compressor systems reduce electric bills about 40% over comparable older technology rotary vane compressors.
- Powerful: Brookwood super-duty 230V single phase HighFlow™ compressors provide up to 30 PSI of continuous working pressure versus 15 PSI for rotary vane compressors.
- Total Airflow: 33 Cubic Feet/Minute – a 50% increase over our previous system.
- Epoxy Coated Compressor Heads: New corrosion coatings protect critical components against demanding subtropical coastal environments.
- Compressor Cabinet: Heavy gauge, powder coated, reinforced and welded aluminum construction with stainless steel fasteners.
- Redundant Cooling System: Three oversized 7” axial fans with excess capacity to protect compressors from over-heating and premature motor failure in hot climates.
- Vertex SafeStart™: This exclusive technology allows safe automatic restart under full back pressure without compressor damage following power supply interruption.
- Versatility: System is totally customizable, operates all models of Vertex marine grade stainless steel AirStations™ and VBS remote valve boxes as needed.
- World’s Best Warranty: 3 years parts coverage on compressor system excluding wearable parts (air filters and compressor maintenance kits), 5 years on all AirStations™ and 15 years on BottomLine™ air supply tubing.
Download the Marine HE33 PDF
7.5 High Pressure Regenerative Blowers for AirGate Systems
These motors are designed to handle a broad range of world voltages and power supply variations. Three phase motors operate on both 208-230/415-460 VAC-3 ph-60 Hz. Single phase motors operate on both 104-115/208-230 VAC-1 ph-60 Hz.
- Manufactured in the USA - ISO 9001 and NAFTA compliant
- Maximum flow SCFM: 7.5 HP =142, 10.0 HP = 182
- Maximum pressure PSI: 7.5 HP = 9.9, 10.0 HP = 9.3
- Standard motor: 7.5 HP/10.0 HP
- Totally enclosed fan cooled motor.
- Offers increased protection against weather, dirt and moisture.
- Cast aluminum blower housing, impeller and cover
- Cast iron flanges (threaded)
- UL and CSA approved motor with permanently sealed ball bearings
- Inlet and outlet internal muffling
Download: AirGate Regenerative Blower PDF
Marine Wind Monitor
An accurate and reliable wind sensor specifically designed for the rigors of the marine environment.
The wind speed sensor is a four blade helicoid propeller. Unique transducer produces a pulse signal without electrical contacts or slip rings. The wind direction sensor is a durable molded vane. Vane angle is sensed by a precision potentiometer housed in a sealed chamber. All materials are carefully selected for corrosion resistance and maximum durability in the harsh marine environment. Stainless steel bearings are used throughout. Special waterproof lubricant further enhances reliability. The instrument mounts on standard 1 inch pipe.
Wind speed and wind direction indicator offers big performance in a compact display.
Wind speed is displayed in your choice of units: KNOTS, MPH, KM/H, M/S. Maximum wind speed is also shown. Wind direction information is clearly displayed on a circular compass pattern of LEDs. Multicolored segments give a quick visual indication of current direction and variability. Front panel brightness control allows adjustment for best viewing in any light. A variety of inputs and outputs including 4-20 mA, Serial (RS-485), and Voltage are standard on the Wind Tracker. Alarms for both wind speed and wind direction are standard. The Wind Tracker is very compact for easy mounting on vertical bulkheads or wall surfaces.